If you’ve ever battled toenail fungus, you know how stubborn it can be! What most people don’t realize is that specialty treatments, powerful antifungals, and even surgery are only effective if you eliminate the source of the fungus and avoid reinfection. If you want to treat toenail fungus for good, start with a product that treats all of the causes of toenail fungus (like this one here) and take a good hard look at your shoe addiction and pedicure habits, as these are both sneaky sources of the funky fungus you’re trying to kick to the curb.
Healthy Pedicure Tips
By far, one of their most requested spa menu items from their flip flop wearing attendees is a “Pedicure in Paradise”, a luxurious pedicure that includes a paraffin treatment.
Those relaxing pedis that are an integral part of many women’s beauty routines can also be a breeding ground for fungus. Just ask Kate Moss, who claims she contracted a toenail fungus after a pedicure in Chinatown, NY in 2009.
But don’t panic, you can still indulge! Just follow these tips for safe and healthy pedis:
- Do choose a salon that uses a disposable insert in their spa/whirlpool tubs.
- Do bring your own pumice stone – letting a technician use a razor or metal grater to “shave off” dead skin and calluses opens your feet to infection.
- Do opt for a modern “square” shaped nail – round and oval nails are more at risk for ingrown nails.
- Do invest in your own pedicure set (clippers, nippers, cuticle pusher, file, etc.) and bring it with you every time!
Healthy Shoe Tips
You don’t have to give up your cute sandals and stilettos completely, but choosing proper-fitting shoes with a larger toebox will avoid putting pressure on your toenails and reduce the recurrence of infection.
Additionally, these tips are easy to incorporate and will help keep fungus at bay:
- Do rotate shoes often, giving shoes a full 24 hours to dry out before wearing them again – as if you needed a reason to buy more shoes!
- Do spray shoes with an over-the-counter anti-fungal spray. Avoid powders as these can build up and shorten your shoes’ lifespan.
- Do invest in ultraviolet lights and cedar shoe inserts that can help absorb moisture and kill bacteria in between uses.
- DON’T walk barefoot! Especially in public areas, doctors’ offices, showers and on pool decks.
Use A Toenail Fungus Treatment That Works
Avoiding the source of fungus is just one part of treating unsightly toenail fungus. It’s not something that goes away on its own, and the quicker you begin an effective treatment program, the quicker you will begin seeing clearing.
Dr. Canuso Healthy Nail System is guaranteed to clear toenail fungus, or your money back. The proprietary two-step system works by treating the source of fungus with a fast-acting anti-fungal ingredients and delivery method that Dr. Canuso has developed during her career as an award-winning podiatric surgeon.
Toenails begin growing in clear, healthy and strong after only a few weeks. Take control of your toenail fungus this year with a commitment to healthy pedicure and shoe habits, and help from Dr. Canuso Skincare for Feet. Order your Healthy Nail System now and say goodbye to toenail fungus for good!